Riders must pay with cash (exact amount only), check or tokens. No rides can be charged. Tokens can be purchased at the following locations:
- With a Palace Transit driver
- Palace Transit Office (located at the James Valley Community Center - 300 W 1st Avenue)
- $2 per 1-way trip Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- $3 per 1-way trip Monday - Friday 5:30 a.m. - 7:00 a.m. & 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- $3 per 1-way trip Saturday
- Same Day Rides = $10 per 1-way trip
- Mitchell Airport = $10 (1 person) $5 for each additional person
- Sioux Falls Airport = $150 (must contact Palace Transit two weeks in advance for scheduling)
Passengers are required to pay their fare each time he/she rides the bus. If the passenger does not have the proper bus fare, he/she will not be able to ride the bus.
Any rides beyond the City of Mitchell's city limits will be charged mileage of $2.50 per mile plus regular fare (minimum of 1 miles fee if outside city limits).
Palace Transit is a Medicaid provider. Before a passenger can schedule a ride using Medicaid, the dispatcher will need to verify that travel expenses will be covered by Medicaid. A Medicaid form will be given to the rider and must be signed by the Medicaid provided that was used. If a passenger does not provide this information to Palace Transit, the standard fares will apply.