- Your Government
- Library Services
- Curbside Pick-up
Mitchell Public Library is happy to pull items for you to pick up. We will fill your reservations or holds as quickly as possible, but we typically need one business day to fill your request. We will send you a text or email when your requested materials are ready for pick-up.
The curbside pick-up service is available 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm, Monday - Saturday. No curbside pick-up on Sundays.
How to use curbside pick-up
There are two ways to request items for curbside pick-up:
- Call 605-995-8480 to place your request. Phone requests are limited to five items.
- Connect to our catalog and login using your library barcode and LASTNAME in all caps for your password.
- Search for items that are currently available.
- Place a hold/reservation request by clicking or tapping the "Reserve" button on the right-hand side of the "Full Details" window.
We will need at least one business day to fill your request. You will receive a notification from the library by phone, text, or email that your items are available for pick-up. After you receive your notification the library will hold your items for seven days. If you do not pick-up your materials within that time period we will re-shelve them.
When you come to pick-up your materials:
- You will need to show your library card for identification. We will also accept a photo ID like a driver's license.
- You can park in either the west parking lot or on Duff Street on the east side of the library.
- Call the library at 605-995-8480 to inform the library staff that you are outside the building to collect your curbside pick-up items. Make sure to inform the staff where you are parked and the make, model, and color of your vehicle.
- A library staff member will bring your reserved items to you and verify your identification.
When are my items due?
Standard loan periods apply, which means most items can be kept for two weeks.
How long will you hold my items?
We will hold items for 7 days.
Can I pick up reserved items for someone else?
You may pick up items for someone else, but you will need to bring their library card with you for identification.
What if I no longer want to check out the items I have on reserve?
Please call the library (605-995-8480) to inform us. We will cancel your holds.
I am having trouble logging in to my library account. Can you help me?
Please call the library at 605-995-8480 for assistance.