- Your Government
- Boards & Committees
- Sports & Events Authority
Sports & Events Authority
Business Improvement District #2
Business Improvement District #2 was established by City of Mitchell in 2013. The purpose of Business Improvement District #2 is to levy a $1.50 per night occupancy tax on all current motels and hotels located within the city limits of Mitchell for rent on a nightly basis. The Business Improvement District applies $1.00 of the levy towards capital projects, and $.50 of the levy is used for the Sports & Events Authority Advisory Committee.
Sports & Events Authority Advisory Committee
The Sports & Events Authority promotes and sells the Mitchell community, its facilities and accommodations to the sports and events marketplace for the purpose of bringing a variety of events to Mitchell in order to improve the quality of life in the Mitchell region and to further the Mitchell economy.
The Advisory Committee reviews funding applications from organizations that are interested in bringing new events, or expanding existing events in the Mitchell Community; focusing on those events that will increase overnight hotel stays in the Mitchell community. Meetings are typically held on the second Tuesday of the month at 2pm in City Hall - Council Chambers. Also, the meetings are broadcasted on the City's YouTube Channel.
Sports & Events Authority Advisory Committee Members
- Bob Everson, Mayor
- Kevin McCardle, City Council Member
- Jill Larson, Highland Event Center
- Bryan Dixon, Coachlight Motel
- Dave Helleloid, Comfort Inn
- Emily Liedtke, Hampton Inn
- LaRee Rumbolz, Super 8 Hotel
- Tim Smith, Community Member
- Jim Johnston, Business Representative
- Jon Hart, Dakota Wesleyan University
- Cory Aadland, Mitchell High School
- Kevin Nelson, Parks & Recreation Director
- Doug Greenway, Corn Palace Director